Please download our iOS app to register as a teacher.
If you do not have the app, please download it from the App Store.
The Registration Process
STEP 1 Download the app from the App Store.
STEP 2 Set up a profile
- Select a clear, high-quality photo that shows your full face
- Make sure you are recognizable
- You should be the only person in the photo
- Make sure you are in focus
- Your photo should be bright, without any large shadows or dark spots
- Smiling photos are preferred
- Should be in Japanese, English, or the language you are teaching in
- Introduce yourself in a few sentences
- Tell us who you are, your background, what languages you are fluent in
- Briefly mentioning your interests is also a plus
- Explain the kind of lessons you are offering
- If you have any prior teaching experiences, mention that as well
* Having a description in Japanse is very important. If you are not fluent in Japanese, or are not comfortable writing in Japanese, you may submit an English version of your introduction to Tom, and have it translated into English. However, it may take a few days for Tom to get back to you.
- Select the most convenient location for your lessons on the map by searching the station name
Fill in the rest of the form. If you have any questions, feel free to contact Tom.
- Select the times you are available for giving lessons at
STEP 3 Submit your ID
- Residence Card
You will be required to submit some form of identification as your final step of registering as a teacher.
Submit the front and back of your ID. There should not be anything obscuring your ID, such as your fingers or shadows.
Please make sure that the photos you submit are clear and bright, and that the information on your ID can be seen clearly.
*We can only accept those who are legally permitted to work in Japan.
If you have a separate form indicating your eligibility to work in Japan, please submit that through the form as well.
STEP 4 Verification
You should receive the results of the verification process within 24 hours.
Our Customer Support Staff Tom will send you a message through the chat.
Once your ID has been approved, you are free to schedule lessons with your students.